A Center for Social Development and Drug Rehabilitation Medical Services
History Of Creation
The legal and full name for the Nejat Center is; Nejat Center for Social Development and Drug Rehabilitation Medical Services. NEJAT means (Freedom and Salvation) in Farsi language. When Nejat was first established in 1991 in Peshawar, Pakistan it was mostly dealing with Afghan refugees drug addicts’ rehabilitation, social reintegration and to make them Free from drug usage. Therefore, the entity was widely popular among the Afghan and local communities in Peshawar as Nejat Center.
Nejat was first established
As mentioned earlier, Nejat Center has been established in June 1991 in Peshawar, Pakistan and provided numerous drug advocacy and treatment services to drug users (male and female) in various refugees’ camps in Peshawar, Pakistan. Nejat Center also had cross boarder operations in Badakhshan province for opium addicts from Pakistan during the years 1994 to 1998. These programs in Peshawar and Badakhshan were mainly supported by European Union (EU), Deutsch Ordens Hospital-work International (DOH), Norwegian Church Aid (NCA), ORA international and United Nations Fund for Drug Control (UNDCP).
At present, Nejat Center with financial support from NCA, is also running vocational training programs for youth (male and female) aiming at job opportunities in Kabul, Jalalabad, Balkh Page 2 Nejat Center Profile/Fact-Sheet 2019 and Faryab provinces for the purpose of skill development and building up self-reliance individuals.
the legal status
- Registered with Ministry of Economy (MoEc), Afghanistan under registration number (103), dated 13 May 2005, as non-governmental organization with the name of; Nejat Center for Social Development and Drug Rehabilitation Medical Services.
- Registered at the Ministry of Labor, Social Affairs (MoLSA), Afghanistan under registration number: (52).
- Registered with the Ministry of Public Health, Afghanistan
A Service: For the People, By the People, Of the People.
To bring measurable and sustainable improvements in people’s life and social welfare of their communities, to restore the broken life of drug users and to create healthy, peaceful and self-sufficient environment, by engaging the marginalized individuals/ groups of people in the context of Afghan tradition of sincerity, hospitality and respect.
2. To enable excluded individuals and marginalized communities by providing them with public health support, education and skill development, in order to be self-sufficient and to contribute effectively to the development process in the community.
3. To create peaceful environment for individuals and communities by providing them support in conflicts/disputes resolution and access to justice.
4. To collaborate Nejat actions with other entities that are promoting the welfare of Afghan citizens in areas where Nejat actions take place.